Spectator Code of Ethics
It is the responsibility and duty of all concerned with high school athletics:
- To emphasize the proper ideals of sportsmanship, ethical conduct and fair play.
- To eliminate all possibilities which tend to destroy the best values of the game.
- To stress the values derived from playing the game fairly.
- To demonstrate courtesy to visiting teams and officials.
- To establish a positive relationship between visitors and hosts.
- To respect the integrity and judgment of the sports officials.
- To achieve a thorough understanding and acceptance of the rules of the game and standards of eligibility.
- To encourage leadership, use of incentive and good judgment by the players on the team.
- To recognize that the purpose of athletics is to promote the physical, mental, moral, social and emotional well-being of the individual players.
- To remember that an athletic contest is only a game … not a matter of life or death for player, coach, school, official, fan, community, state or nation.