The goal of the Gloversville Enlarged School District Academic Policy is to encourage students to maintain an acceptable level of academic achievement.
- Extra-curricular activity: Any non-credit, school sponsored activity
- Eligibility: The level of academic achievement that a student must maintain
- Eligibility Standards:
- Tier 1 – Warning – Any student failing one (1) class at the end of each progress reporting period and report card period will receive a warning. Students must attend after school remediation until 3:15 p.m. Students can practice and play in all games or contests.
- Tier 2 – Academic Probation – Any student failing two classes at the end of each progress reporting period and report card period will be placed on Academic Probation. Students must attend after school remediation until 3:15 p.m. Students are allowed to practice but cannot play in any games or meets.
- Tier 3 – Academic Suspension – Any student failing three (3) or more classes will be placed on Academic Suspension. Students must attend after school remediation until 3:15 p.m. Students will remain members of a team/club but are suspended from all extra-curricular activities.
After School Remediation
Students must attend after school remediation four times per week (Day 1 is the first day that starts each school week.) The only exception to this is when a student needs to take school district transportation to an away game or meet.
Students that are in Tiers 1, 2 or 3 will have their academic progress checked at the end of each week that falls in-between the progress and report card periods. At the end of each week students can move from one tier to another, either up or down. However, a student will always stay at the warning level (Tier 1) requiring after school remediation until the interim report (5 week) or report card (10 week) period.
Students who are failing the same course during two (2) consecutive marking periods (interim or report card) will automatically move to Tier 2.